We are always looking for new talent. Please email email@example.com
Absolute is looking for a Receptionist to join our award-winning Post Production House based in the heart of Soho. You will be first point of call for all clients and colleagues - you will need to be confident, personable, and switched on, with the ability to stay calm and professional at all times, plus a good sense of humour is most definitely a plus!
- Deliver high-end customer service to clients whether in house or on the phone.
- Possess excellent attention to detail.
- Be a calming influence under pressure.
- Must be a team player at ALL times.
- Time efficient.
- Be flexible and adaptable at all times, willing to take on any task as requested.
- Develop a strong relationship with colleagues; the Hospitality Team in particular.
- Communicate regularly with Hospitality team about the whereabouts of clients in the building.
- Liaise with external and internal contacts in a polite and respectable manner
- Be professional, polite and helpful at all times when making telephone calls, including taking detailed notes when taking messages. Be happy and upbeat on the phone.
Understand the role of being a Receptionist at Absolute and the importance of how your work reflects on the company.
- Respond to requests in a timely manner.
- Remember that you are the first person seen by clients so it’s vital to smile and be happy.
- Meet and greet clients.
- Answering, filtering and diverting calls
- Keep on top of stationary – place orders when required.
- Cab and courier bookings.
- Help the Marketing team with PR, social media and events.
- Provide support to all management when needed.
- Help with arranging travel, visas and accommodation.
- Keep Reception area tidy and stocked i.e fresh bottled water, clean glasses, up to date magazines (Campaign).
- Keep files up to date: Chubb (Fire and Security), Quantech, Dynorod, Pest Control, Kings Office Supplies.
- Above and beyond for team and company showing commitment to the role and the company.
- Management of Chubb Weekly - Fire Training/Security Access
/Intruder Alarm/G4S/Keyholders/Emergency Lighting/Health and Safety
- Weekly fire alarms/drills.
If you are interested in this role, please contact our hospitality manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mid Weight Nuke Operators
Absolute Post is looking to fill a number of Compositor roles for our growing feature film and high-end TV visual effects department. Based in Soho, Absolute is a well respected Post Production facility known for delivering Visual Effects for commercials; but are now building a slate of exciting projects for the year ahead. Ideal candidates will be engaging team players, with extensive technical and creative knowledge of compositing in Nuke, as well as a proven ability to work in a demanding production environment.
Essential Skills And Experience
- Advanced proficiency in Nuke with a minimum of 3 years experience in a VFX facility in film / high-end TV
- Proven experience working on high-end projects and how to balance both technical and creative aspects of a VFX shot
- Strong understanding of photographic principles and CG compositing techniques
- Must be able to integrate separate live-action and computer-generated elements
- Capable in all aspects of the compositing process (tracking, matte extraction, layering of elements, and colour grading on challenging shots)
- Previous experience working with Linux
- An ability to work to deadlines
- An understanding of the film and tv post production pipeline.
- Able to work with artists from other disciplines
- Team orientated, motivated with a can do attitude
- Ability to work to a brief and resolve shot-specific challenges independently
- Good communication skills and able to troubleshoot logically
- Able to work on multiple projects and visual styles
- An excellent working knowledge of Nuke in a film production environment
- Excellent organisation, communication and interpersonal skills
- A pro-active and collaborative work ethic
- A strong eye for detail, composition, colour and lighting
- An understanding of colour space
Salaries will be based on the candidate's experience.Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
MCR TECH OP
Absolute Post require an MCR Tech Op to work within a busy Soho MCR
Department which oversees all media in and out of the building from
prepping camera rushes to the final transmission files. The roll
involves all aspects of MCR work over a seven day shift pattern.
- A thorough knowledge of transcoding technologies and post software including
Adobe Creative Cloud and Da Vinci Resolve.
of camera shoot formats and conform experience.
- A thorough
knowledge of world transmission specifications and online social delivering.
QC knowledge to ensure the highest quality of final products reaching clients and broadcasters.
problem solving ability to ensure tight deadlines are always met and clients are happy.
communication skills, liaising with Ops and producers within and outside the company to ensure the smooth running of sessions and
least one years technical experience in a post production / broadcast facility giving an understanding of post production
Please send your CV and cover letter with a guide to salary expectations to: